Friday 18 May 2007

Ruth Campbell's Tragifabulous Dannii Cover!

"This Is It" was a hit for Melba Moore in the 1976 but truly became an international anthem when the duchess of dance (ie. Dannii Minogue) covered the song in the early 1990s. Dannii's version remains one of her brightest pop moments and one of her biggest hits in Australia. As far as I'm concerned, Dannii's interpretation is absolute perfection. Holidannii's voice sounds amazing, the production is fabulous, Dannii's hair looks fierce in the video and the dance routine is legendary. Obviously, the stunning success of Dannii's version inspired the release (or possibly re-release) of Ruth Campbell's craptastic dance version in 1997. If anyone has any information about Ruth, please let me know because this is the first I've heard of her. If "This Is It" is any indication, Ruth is probably cleaning toilets now or working at McDonalds. Her version is great fun but nowhere near as fabulous as Dannii's. I hope you enjoy it!

Download: Ruth Campbell - This Is It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blasphemy! Toy is the Duchess Of Dance!

Though since I absolutely hate Dannii's rendition of This Is (Sh)It I don't think I want to risk giving this one a listen...

Mike said...

When Toy Toy scores 11 number one dance hits, she can have the title back! Until then, I'm lending it to Dannii!

Anonymous said...

I'm just going through my old vinyl to see if any of it has been posted in a blog - Ruth Campbell released her version of This Is It in 1991. Dannii's version followed and was based heavily on that sound. So there you go!