Monday 14 April 2008

Official Club Disco Cover Art


Central Station kindly sent me the official "Club Disco" cover art this afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it's still VERY similar to the UK edition but at least they have had the decency to jazz up that hideous font with a little bit of sparkle and I love the box touting Dannii's number 1 club hits! Hopefully they will also add a sticker that says "Featuring all the #1 hits mentioned by Daryl Somers on Dancing With the Stars!". I still think my "Club Dildo" covers packed a bigger punch but this is nice and I can't wait to see it in my local JB Hi-Fi!

Unfortunately, I'm less enthusiastic about the back cover (below) as posted on Dannii's forum. The choice of image and font is almost identical to a fan made cover I posted in Dannii's Dirty Box on the 7th of November 2007. Check out that post here. They've even used the same barcode! I'm certain Central Station are completely unaware of this but it's still really poor. I've brought the matter to the company's attention and I await their response.

12 comments:

Peibols said...

I L.O.V.E. the sparkles.
Brilliant.

Tell them to release it in Spain with a box saying "almost two ro three number 10 hits".

Magical Froggy said...

As much as I like it, that back sleeve design seems REALLY familiar...! Who did it orignally? They should be acknowledged for their work.

Trashtastic Aussie said...

Nathan stole that artwork! he confirms!

Jay said...

Nice of them to use a fan made cover! I hope the original creator of that fan cover gets proper credit.

Removing the fake barcode would also be beneficial.

Whoever submitted this should be slapped and CS should ensure they are never allowed near anything Dannii related ever again.

Dannii's Delights! said...

I'm a bit upset that they would take a fan made cover and use it without at least giving them some sort of credit :(

Nonetheless, I'm excited for the release :)

Anonymous said...

Sort of sad that whoever designed the artwork for Central Station would rip off a fanmade cover. They didn't even bother getting a new fake barcode. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping they gave Dannii forum member streetka credit for the "original" draft of the back cover.

Trashtastic Aussie said...

in all seriousness though, I do think it's unfair to blame CS though, surely they would've sourced the artwork from AATW surely? So my guess is someone at AATW or within Dannii's close circle probably ripped the artwork off.

CS should name and shame and tell us who sent the artwork to them!

Mike said...

Natty, you are completely right.

How could Central Station possibly know they were buying a "borrowed" cover from the UK? The blame lies with the con artist who shamelessly ripped off the fanmade cover in the first place and then passed it off on Central Station as their own.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm theft of dodgy artwork! Whatever next!

They should have gone with a pic of a big dildo and dannii riding it (bareback) complete with cowboy hat!

I am STILL waiting on Central Station offering me a chance to become Australia's new 'Mary Kiani' LOL

Anonymous said...

Are you all bitches blind or something? Yes, obviously the back cover is almost identical, however, the bar code / UPC is NOT the same at all. The design is different and the actual numbers are different too.

Silly hoes! :P

Mike said...

The back cover with the identical barcode is the digital versiom currently displayed on Dannii's forum. It's EXACTLY the same and one of the most shameless examples of creative theft I can think of! The CS version at least has a different barcode and the bonus disc tracklisting but apart from that it's also a complete rip off!