Wednesday 7 March 2007

B-Sides: The Hits & Beyond

The "Hits & Beyond" era has not been blessed with the plethora of amazing B-sides that marked the singles from "Neon Nights". However, they are worth checking out, if only for the seriously brilliant "Feel Like I Do". It boggles the mind how something as quality as "Feel Like I Do" could end up as the B-side for "So Under Pressure", while shit like "Love Fight" somehow makes it onto the album. Are the Minogue sisters under some kind of bizarre curse which results in their best material ending up in the trash? Think of Kylie's divine "Tightrope" and fabulous "Good Like That". Don't even get me going on their unreleased material. That's another post all together!

Unlike "Feel Like I Do", the B-side to "Perfection" belongs in the reject basket. "I've Been Waiting For You" is not a bad song, in fact I quite like it. The problem is that it sounds like every other dance record released by AATW in the past couple of years. That's not a bad thing by any means. It's just not up to Dannii's lofty artistic standards.

Download - Feel Like I Do
Download - I've Been Waiting For You

No comments: