Wednesday 7 March 2007

Est-ce que tu m'aimes encore? French Dannii!

"Je vais venir" and "Va te faire foutre" demonstrate the extent of my French knowledge - despite 6 years of school French and several years living 20 minutes away from the French border. Well, that's not entirely true. I can order a drink and make inane small talk but the fact remains that my French is pretty fucking shit. Therefore, it comes as a massive surprise that I not only understand most of Dannii's French version of "Who Do You Love Now?" - "Est-ce que tu m'aimes encore?" - but also find it absolutely irresistible. Dannii's collaboration with Riva would have to be one of her smartest moves, as the song reignited her career in Europe and Australia. I'm not sure why she decided to re-record the song in French and use it as a B-side for the French "I Begin To Wonder" single but I'm most glad she did. I absolutely love it. A big thanks to Mr Froggy for sending me the file!

In order to generate some healthy sibling rivalry, I've also included Kylie's stunning French version of "Confide In Me", which originally appeared on the Canadian edition of "Kylie Minogue". Hopefully, a French speaker will comment on their respective accents. I'm interested to hear how good (or how tragic) they really are. To my non-expert ears they both sound heavenly!

Download - Est-ce que tu m'aimes encore?
Download - Confide In Me (French Version)

No comments: