Wednesday 7 March 2007

Do The Capsizing Boat!

Alyson recently brought my attention to the most amazing Dannii article ever published. Only Dannii could spark a new dance trend while watching people drown. If anyone needs proof of Dannii's skill for innovation, then this is it!

Fans miss Dannii's cue
July 29 2003

Dannii Minogue sparked a new dance trend at an outdoor concert when she tried to alert the crowd to a capsized boat in the lake behind them.

The Australian pop star began pointing frantically over the heads of the audience as she saw the boat overturn at the water park in Warwickshire, England.

But the fans thought it was a new dance move and began joining in, pointing back at her, British newspaper the Daily Star reported.

The sailor managed to scramble ashore without help and was embarrassed to discover Minogue, 32, had seen his mishap.

"I really enjoyed performing here today but there was a moment in my act when, yes, I was a bit concerned," Minogue said.

"Someone sailing on one of the lakes capsized. I wanted to stop singing and shout: 'He's capsized! Help him! Help him!' Then I saw him come up and he seemed to be doing fine."

Teenage fan Gemma Jones, 13, said she had not realised anything was wrong.

"I saw her doing this strange move which was not like her normal dance routines. I thought it might be some new sort of dance craze and started copying," Jones said.

"Every time she pointed out at us, we pointed back at her."

No comments: